The Minnesota Alliance for Ethical Healthcare
is a diverse coalition of doctors, nurses, advocates for persons with disabilities, medical ethicists, elder-care workers, faith-based organizations and others committed to ensuring real care throughout life’s journey. We believe that Minnesota should always prioritize care rather than hasten death.
has the right to receive health care and control their illnesses.
- Assisted suicide can target and devalue people who most deserve our assistance and compassion: those with disabilities, the elderly, and low-income individuals.
- Government should find ways to prioritize proper treatment and management of pain, not find ways for people to kill themselves.
- Allowing medical professionals to prescribe lethal drugs damages the patient-provider relationship.
- Palliative care is an ethical way to provide comfort when not applied to directly hasten death but solely to alleviate pain.
- Minnesota should always prioritize care rather than hasten death.
The Minnesota Alliance for Ethical Healthcare wants to hear from you. Share your stories and experiences. Let us know how we can answer your questions.